A question and a speculation

Jes and guide dog Harley jesman598 at triad.rr.com
Sun Sep 21 21:19:33 EDT 2003

Hi all,
I downloaded Zipspeak a while back and tried to get a feel for Linux under Dos without repartitioning the drive and everything,
even those zipspeak is not by any means Redhat. When I run loadlin, the program used to load linux from dos, I get the following
error as  the last thing it says:
"Uhhuhh. NMI received. Dazed and confused, but trying to continue you probably have a hardware problem with your ram chips. And so
this message just repeats itself until I power down the machine by pressing the off button.
2 questions. 1. Assuming I install redhat on another hard disk or another partition, do you think it is likely that lilo will give
me this same crap? And 2, have any of you ever experienced this problem? Thanks for any help.