Latest speak up version?

Darragh lists at digitaldarragh.com
Sat Sep 20 22:41:48 EDT 2003

Hello,
I'm back to Linux again and to save time I'm sticking with Red hat 8 for
the moment.  I think I'll keep away from version 9 as it doesn't have
speak up included as far as I know any way.

As its been about a year since I've looked at Linux, could any one tell
me what if any changes have been made to Speak up and how I can get my
hands on the latest version?

Has the problem that I was having with the Apollo been resolved?  I find
when reading text the apollo is distorted.  This can be temporarily
fixed by changing the timing variables in jiffy_delta and delay_time.

I believe I could make a script for making this a permanent fix but I
haven't a clue where to start.

Any help appreciated

Darragh