slackware kernel headers

Christopher Moore christopher.h.moore at verizon.net
Sat Sep 20 12:11:55 EDT 2003

I'm referring back to Chris' question concerning compiling alsa on slackware
9.0.  It looked to me as thoughhe was missing the kernel header files. If
you're satisfied with the stock kernel, you don't need to download the
k-series.  If you install the d-series you should get the following
package:
kernel-headers-2.4.20-i386-5

If this package is installed, you can build software which makes calls to
kernel resources.  It may be that our friend didn't include the d-series
when installing slackware.

Another thing to consider is that the kernel comes with a module for the
emu10k1 (sblive) cards which may be perfectly adequate for his situation.
Someone more familiar with slackware 9.0 may be able to tell us whether the
stock kernel includes sound support.

For what it's worth.
Chris