ot: gnopernicus

Jacob Schmude jschmude at adelphia.net
Sat Sep 20 07:23:07 EDT 2003

Hi
Well, first, start ggnome. Once gnome's running, press alt+f2 and type gnopernicus. alt+f2 is the shortcut key to run an application, and X windows
applications such as gnopernicus must be started within X. Note that if you're using gnome 2.2 that comes with slack 9, you're accessibility won't be all that
good. Gnome 2.4 has made much more headway in accessibility. If you can use it, I'd suggest dropline gnome:
http://www.dropline.net/
It's a gnome 2.4 for slack 9. Alternatively, upgrade to slack current which also has gnome 2.4.
HTH

--Original Message Text---
From: Alex Snow
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 21:21:26 -0500

Hi all.
I installed gnopernicus and all it's dependencies. I just can't figure out how to start it. when I start it from the console i get an
error saying that
it can't open display. Does anyone know how I'd start it? I'm running gnopernicus 0.7 on slackware 9.0