Some impressions on Linux

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Sep 18 15:50:02 EDT 2003

> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Chris wrote:
>
> > Also, can someone give me an idea of what is different about the man command
> > verses the info command and maybe say I want to look up cp for copy, then
> > how would the info command for that be done?  i'm assuming
> >
> > info cp?

Man is older than info. Man is more like a simple ASCII file, though it
isn't ASCII, exactly. Info is an early implementation of hyperlinking.
Of course, hyperlinks later became famous as on of the key features
provided by world wide web technology. Info is older than the web.

PS: You don't really need to ask the second part of the question above,
unless you can't get things working. There's no harm with testing your
theories, assumptions, and suppositions. In fact, it's advisable.

In fact, my not even going to answer, because you don't need me to.