Extremely puzzled

Jacob Schmude jschmude at adelphia.net
Tue Sep 16 06:10:53 EDT 2003

Hi
Actually, you don't want to remap the keyboard at all, as the speakup keymap is hard-coded into the kernel. Newer CVS releases of speakup changed this
behavior, but with speakup 1.5 included in slackware you must skip the remapping step. It sounds to me as though you remapped your keyboard. If so,
remove the rc.keymap file, like this:
rm /etc/rc.d/rc.keymap
you must do this while logged in as root. Now, reboot the system. This should take care of the problem, as it will disable whatever keymap was loading and
taking over speakup's keys.
HTH