KNOPPIX speakup iso

dashielljt dashielljt at gmpexpress.net
Tue Sep 16 05:47:28 EDT 2003

I've read about an approach of using split to split a large tar.gz file
then create iso images from the pieces afterwards, so it should be
possible to do split -b 650000000 KNOPPIX_v3.2-2003-07-26-EN-speakup.iso
and get xaa and xab back.  After that perhaps running xaa and xab back
through mkissofs and making iso images of both of them would be the way to
go.  If mkissofs doesn't barf and if it barfed probably the xab would be
where it might happen.  Another possibility and I think safer provided you
have the disk space would be to mount the iso image; tar the whole
contents and directory structure remember to use p in tar options, then
split up large tar.gz file with split and then use mkisofs to make iso
images then use cdrecord to record those onto multiple CD's.

--
-----
GNU Linux a real operating system with a clu