imap questions

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Sun Sep 7 18:54:02 EDT 2003

Hi all.
I have imapd running on my linux box so I can access my local mailboxes from other machines. This has worked fine until today. I was reading a mail message on my linux box, and then opened it with outlook depress on my winblows box. Then bad things happened... It seemed that imapd wrote something to my /var/spool/mail/luser mailbox. This caused the mua on my linux box to bitch about how the mail box was modified etc etc.
My question is how can I tell imapd not to modify the mailboxes?