Continuous speaker beep

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Sun Sep 7 14:59:56 EDT 2003

Ok, found a much simpler way to do this, not using expect. Oh we,, but I
did learn a lot playing around with expect.
The only drawback is that I haven't found a way from the command line or
the nfbtrans.cnf file to have a wild card for the output file; you can use
*.brf for your input file but all those files will be written together to
one *.txt file.
So I did the following:

(1) added or edited the following in /usr/local/lib/nfbtrans.cnf

# set translation mode to back-translate by default
tm=3
# automatic  .txt output file for .brf input file
on=2
# eliminates prompt for a file being overwritten
ow=1
# stops most progress output;  shows current output file
qm=1

Then I ran the following short script:

for i in *.brf
do