Continuous speaker beep

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Sun Sep 7 03:59:40 EDT 2003

Didn't I recall somebody on this list saying they had trouble with the pc
speaker doing a long continuous beep when the 2.6.0-test4 kernel was
loaded. Well, I didn't have that problem when I did a kernel with pc
speaker on but without speakup, but I just did a 2.6.0-test4 kernel with
cvs
speakup and right about the time it gets to the login prompt it starts a
long LOUD beep (well, it's no longer a beep when it goes on forever; I
guess it's a tone then!) So did the person who had this problem ever come
up with a solution for it?
Other than the obvious one, of course; disabling the pc speaker in that
kernel.

Thanks.

--
Cheryl