append to a text file

Thomas Stivers stivers_t at tomass.dyndns.org
Fri Sep 5 17:11:53 EDT 2003

On 09/05/03  2:53 PM -0400, Danny Crone wrote:
> I got a text file attachment that I want to append to another text file.  I
> tried going through the save, and extract, after viewing attachments.  How
> can appending be done?

All the answers you have recieved are great, but as you are using eudora
I suspect you aren't at a linux system. To do the appending in *gag*
windows open a dox box and do "copy file1+file2 file1" this will append
file2 to file1. IMHO the linux way is more elegant, but... Hope this
helps and hope your using linux and don't need to use it.
--
Unix is a user friendly operating system. It just picks its friends more
carefully than others.