info on contributing slackware packages

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Thu Sep 4 20:19:19 EDT 2003

Hi all,
I have put together some packages for Slackware Linux in the slackware
package format. They are tested with Slackware 9.0, but I don't see why they
wouldn't run on earlier versions as well provided the proper libraries are
present. I was wondering if any one could tell me how to contribute these to
the Slackware community as extra packages. I couldn't find any info on their
web site about this. For those of you who are interested, the packages I
have built are listed below. I have also included info on the programs
included in the packages for those who haven't heard of them.

acl-2.2.13 (used to manage access control lists under Linux)
attr-2.4.7 (used to manage extended file attributes under Linux)
courier-imap-2.1.1 (alternative to UW imapd with enhancements such as
maildir and virtual mailboxes)
linux-xfs-speakup-2.4.20 (Linux kernel source, with the XFS patches and
speakup 1.5)
maildrop-1.6.0 (procmail alternative supporting a filtering language)
messagewall-1.0.8 (an smtp proxy used to filter spam and viruses)
nano-1.2.1 (a text editor similar to pico, but with features such as "go to
line number" and multiple buffers)

I'm also working on these packages:
daemontools-0.76 (a collection of utilities for managing daemons)
djbdns-1.05 (DNS server and utilities alternative to bind)
qmail-1.03 (Mail server alternative to sendmail)
ucspi-tcp-0.88 (collection of utilities for building tcp/ip applications
required by many of DJB's programs)

Thanks in advance for the help.
--
Joseph C. Lininger