speakup and mutt; [was: Re: Best version.]

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Sep 3 18:59:39 EDT 2003

As for mutt, I usually just read the messages line by line anyway
because I usually try to skip headers and previously quoted material.

For full screen curses type programs like alsamixer, cfdisk and the
dialog utilities used by slackware configurations and the like, cursor
tracking doesn't work at all with CVS speakup.  For that reason alone,
we really need the ability to turn off cursor tracking for those
situations.  Otherwise, the cursor currently tracks beautifully in
full editors like emacs.  It even tracks good when scrolling text to
the next screen page.