the php that comes with slackware

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Sep 2 10:07:59 EDT 2003

I can't answer your specific questions here but I uninstalled the
Slackware php package and compiled it from scratch with some different
options.  I did this because Slack's version did not support
postgresql and I need that database system here.  If some buttons or
labels are not showing up, there could be some javascript in that
application; I ran into that exact problem with phpPgAdmin package for
configuring postgresql databases.  That package works great with my
implimentation of php when I call it up from another machine running
Internet Exploder - go figure.

For the heck of it, here's a script I use to configure php for
compilation.
----- configure script for php -----
#!/bin/sh
# Configure PHP for installation
./configure --with-config-file-path=/etc/apache --with-apxs \
    --with-openssl --with-pgsql
----- end of configure script -----