autoresponders

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at sent.com
Mon Sep 1 06:29:36 EDT 2003

Hi Dianna,

Look into the procmail man pages for information about generating
automatic responses to incoming email. I have used that facility
very successfully when changing email addresses, so that incoming
mail is accepted when sent to the old address, and yet the sender
is automatically notified of the address change. It works
extremely well. I configured mine so that each automatic response
sent a CC to "root at localhost" so I kept track of who had been
notified and who had not.

Chuck

 Get my public key from website, http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh