Apache Server

Allan Shaw technews at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 30 17:35:33 EST 2003

... Well its quite simple, the installation I used to install my Linux
server came with the option of installing Proftpd which I selected and
installed.  Upon completing the installation I started the service at boot
time and configured the ports on my router/firewall.  Once that was done
and the server rebooted I had basic read only ftp services.

I'm sure if you want you can get into a hole bunch of customization with
different ftp environments, however in most cases its not necessary.