Speakup on redhat 9 boot disk.... where?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Oct 29 20:51:32 EST 2003

I am very sorry to tell you that the Red Hat installation with Speakup
no longer works from floppy diskette. It just got too big.

So, you have two options:

1.)	If you can boot from cd rom, there is a fairly small iso file
you can download to start the boot process.

2.)	Using a second computer and installing with telnet. The
instructions are a little complicated, so let me know if you want to do
this.

In any case, you should be using the iso images from:

http://www.linux-speakup.org/ftp/disks/redhat

if you can. If you do not have those, you might want to wait a week or
two because a new release is expected very soon. It will be called Red
Hat Fedora Core 1.0.

Fco. Javier Dorado writes:
> From: "Fco. Javier Dorado" <javido at iespana.es>
>
> Hi to everyone
>
> How Can i run redHat 9 installation  with speakup on a floppy disk?
>
> I have tried to start speakup  putting the kernel parameter
> speakup_synth=bns  and the floppy begin to spin  but speakup seems  not run.
>
> Any help will be apreciated
>
> Greetings
>
> Javi
>

> ---Publicidad--------------------------------------------------------
> Únete a los miles de sin pareja en Meetic... ¡te vas a enamorar!
> http://www.iespana.es/_reloc/email.meetic

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group