Terminal server reply

Allan Shaw technews at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 27 17:33:49 EST 2003

Hi Chuck,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your note but I unfortunately deleted
it the other day.

Now before i get into answering your question regarding speech and terminal
services I should say that although I understand the concept I haven't had
an opportunity to try a speech product under this environment and to the
best of my knowledge there is only one speech product which currently will
work under a terminal service with another one due early next year.

In answer to your question, here is a general outline.

the full speech product is installed on the server and then a profile is
established for each client worksstation which connects to the server which
defines the hardware device being used at the local workstation to
reproduce the speech.

so I suspect that as part of the terminal client which would be installed
at the local workstation there would be some type of under lying
client/module  to handle the speech but this is only my best guess at this
time.

Allan