querying serial devices.

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Sun Oct 26 11:38:08 EST 2003

Hi Shaun.
You've probably already done this, but what happens when you try echoing a
string to the serial port with the doubletalk lot turned on?
echo hello > /dev/ttyS0
or whatever your serial port is.
If that doesn't work, I'd say there are three possibilities:
1. something is wrong with your doubletalk.
2. Something is wrong with your serial port.
3. something is wrong with the cable from your doubletalk to your serial
port or you don't have it connected firmly.

Maybe there are other possibilities but these are what occur to me at the
moment.

--
Cheryl