To Kirk and all speakup members please read.

Jes and guide dog Harley jesman598 at triad.rr.com
Sun Oct 26 04:58:34 EST 2003

I would like all members to read this and read this carefully.

Because of one man, Kevin somebody, this list which is supposed to be divoted to helping speakup users trouble shoot problems and
experience the world of Linux with ease has now become a central list for flaming and has drifted way way way off topic, so much
so that it seems that almost every post from anyone on this list has to do with this excessive and unnecesarry thread, started by
one man who has no idea about Linux or Alsa and who wants to just take over the whole Linux industry. I'll have Kirk know, that
this thread has caused about 30 to 50 messages to be passed between pissed off list members and one little somebody who thinks he
knows what he's talking about when in actuality he does not. This thread has been going on for four or five days now, and it's
time for the moderator of this list to do his job. Forget about /dev/nul. Forget about kill files. Forget for a second that
computers can be our own automated list problem solvers by deleting messages from annoying individuals, and remember that there is
one human, one man, who is in charge of this list's
operation. Kirk, I'd suggest that before half of us leave because of  this tyrant, you'd make sure that Kevin is banned from this
list immediately. I go
so far as to ask you Kirk, how could you have replied to Joe Norton's question about dectalk and other threads, but have refused
to do something about this controling dictator? As our moderator, please do us a favor before we lose our cool!