Citizen's Bank, and links

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Sat Oct 25 19:46:06 EDT 2003

Has anyone here had cause to modify the source code of the links (the
chain) web browser?

I have found it [the javascript enabled version, that is (V2.1.pre12)]
able to interface, to some extent (maybe fully), with the Citizen's Bank
online banking site.

However, it requires some modifications:

1.  It needs to be able to show image names, instead of just "[img]".  I
think I already have a patch for this.

2.  It would help, if it could display the contents of any "name"
attributes, to the form element.

3.  (this is the biggie): it should be able to display the values of
hidden form input elements.  Probably, the best way to do that, would be
through a readonly option list/popup list, such as it uses for lists of
various kinds.

With these modifications, I expect success, using the Citizen's Bank site.

The problem is: I'm on a very tight schedule at the moment, and have not
explored the links code in any way, and thus would have to spend hours,
just figuring out where to begin, particularly for the last of these.  If
anyone is already familiar with the code, this process could be made far
faster.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

Luke