*****SPAM***** My apology

Scott Howell showell at lrxms.net
Sat Oct 25 07:35:16 EDT 2003

Ok this is rediculous Kevin for the simple reason that if any of this
were possible and I"m still not there yet; there's nothing to be gain.
I mean that in the sense that the overhead for such transactions over a
netowrk would be prety large in my mind and I'm not a networking expert.
If I understand your saying you could use a Linux box running SPeakup
while sitting at a windows box and this alsa tool would allow you to use
SPeakup on the windows box instead of a windows-based screen reader.
If this understanding is correct, I submit to you this is useless. Why?
Well its simple. If folks need a gui they could always use Gnome and
Gnopernicus. If I correct in my understanding and folks still wanted to
use SPeakup in such a fashion over a network, I still believe the
overhead would be unreasonable. Besides all that, I think most folk
would rather use a Linux box instead of a windows box. THere's nothing
that can't be done on a Linux box that can be done on a windows box as
far as I can tell. Your efforts would be better spent elsewhere. I still
don't see this any of this being ore than a crock, but you sure made a
lot of folk mighty upset because you didn't give us the information
requested in the beginning.
Oh and by the way, you can access files from a Linux box with windows by
using Samba so your statements are just not making sense. I made up the
bit above based on some incredible assumptions. Thanks I made these
observations before my first cup of coffee, now I've taxed my few brain
cells and most go load them up with coffee. I must not be awake yet.