down the tubes

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at sent.com
Sat Oct 25 06:37:37 EDT 2003

The procmail system lets you test for certain contents of message
headers and take appropriate actions if the test is successful.
The following fragment is taken as an example from a file called
".procmailrc" in my home directory (note the leading dot) and
could serve as the entire file if you have no other actions to
implement. It assumes a sound file in /usr/local/etc, which you
may of course modify, and a mail folder called "spam" in the
directory "mail" of the home directory. It goes like this:

:0 c
* ^From: kevin <kjsisco at rcn.com>
 | play /usr/local/etc/flush.wav
:0 A
$HOME/mail/spam

Hope that helps. I know it will streamline my mail processing,
that's for sure.

--
The Moon is New
 Get my public key from website, http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh