Sendmail Wpon't work

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Sat Oct 25 00:33:06 EDT 2003

"Stoped", means a suspended job.  You do a "fg", to bring it back into the
foreground.

Now, control-Z is the DOS/Windows end of file character.  Control-D, is
the end of file character for Unix.  That's "D", as in "delta".
This isn't a problem with sendmail, and has no relationship to courier,
exim, or anything.

I am having the same problem with courier--I can not get POP access to
function, no matter what I try.

Luke

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Rejean Proulx wrote:

> When I do sendmail xxx at yyy.ca I can compose the note but when I do a
> control-z to send it I get the message 1 stopped job sendmail
>
> Some background.  I decided to try the Courier mail system.  At first it
> seemed good but as I read, I became less taken with it.  It has a nice
> configuration web interface, but I don't care for its mailing list manager.
> I couldn't get outlook express to sign on to its pop server.  I began to
> realize that I was having more success with exim.  The problem of sendmail
> not working started after I moved to Courier.  Now that I removed all of
> Courier and installed exim, the problem is still hear.  I'm not testing
> anything else until I get to the bottom of this.  I don't know how to
> investigate a process that gets stopped.  Where do I look for the error?
> This is probably simple, but not to me.
>
>  Rejean Proulx
> Visit my family at http://interfree.ca
> MSN is: rejp at rogers.com
> Ham License VA3REJ

Want a free month of internet access on a great ISP?  Go here:
http://www.tacticus.com/net/