What serial ports?

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Thu Oct 23 11:38:29 EDT 2003

I am assuming you already tried /dev/ttyS2, and /dev/ttyS4, and they
didn't work. If you already didn't look through your boot messages, do

dmesg |more

and that will bring up your boot messages. To scroll through them,
just use the spacebar.

If you'd like, feel free to do

dmesg >dmesg.txt

, and send me the resulting dmesg.txt privately. It may be that you
will need some extra serial options configured into your kernel, but I
wouldn't know if you already have them configured or not without
looking at your dmesg output.

Greg