Speakup and DECTalk PC

Joseph Norton jenorton at chartertn.net
Mon Oct 20 17:39:16 EDT 2003

Hi listers:

I've got one of the old DECTalk boards (if it still works).  I hear that
Speakup has some support for it.  It's making me want to drag the board
out and see if it still works.  How easy (or hard) is it to get up and
running.  Compiling the cvs speakup right now and (as instructed) am
specifying the DECTalk PC as a module.  What else should I do.  I've got
vague notions that, at some point (maybe in my init scripts) I need some
additional commands to get the software into the thing.  Also, does it
really matter which version of the actual DECTalk software I put into the
board?

Thanks!