My redhat doesn't speak

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun Oct 19 13:04:16 EDT 2003

Hi, Krister:

Well, you've got the approach down correctly. But, there are two
problems:

1.)	The Apollo driver is not spelled correctly in the Speakup
patches. You need to call it with one 'l,' and not two.

	I think this should have been fixed long ago, but it doesn't yet
	seem to be fixed.

	2.)	You need to have an Apollo driver to call in the initrd
	file on the floppy. Odds are you don't. It would be a little
	tricky for a new user to type the commands to create the initrd
	correctly without feedback.

		My advice is to let Bill Acker help you by phone like he
		offered.

Krister Ekstrom writes:
> From: Krister Ekstrom <crisekstrom at bredband.net>

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group