charset confusion with speakup

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Sun Oct 19 11:25:50 EDT 2003

Hi Tom:  I'd like to say I used something very scientific when
defining the character descriptions but that would be a lie.  I asked
here on the list a few years back if anyone had a list of the
character names for the extended ascii set.  Two people sent me lists
Geoff Shang and Mike Gorse.  Those lists sat around for quite awhile
before I got around to building them into speakup and truthfully I
don't remember which list I used, maybe both.  So it is very possible
that I actually got it wrong.  I think it is the extended pc character
set as built into the computer.  If you find mistakes and there may be
some let me know and we'll change them.  I hadn't noticed any wrong
ones up until now but I can't say I've ever been diligent about
testing them either.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061