new alsa-tools releases!

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun Oct 19 11:03:47 EDT 2003

I want you to understand that I'm doing my very best to be patient with
you. But, you're not providing any answers that I can understand. I
don't think you intend to be unhelpful, I think quite the opposite.
However, you are, in effect, being something you don't intend to be.

Your answer to the frames question below is an excellent example. Ryan
asked you what frames have to do with alsa-tools. He explicitly stated
that frames are something to do with web browsers as he understands the
term.

So, if you come back and start talking about what speakup does or
doesn't do about frames, you haven't answered his question. In order to
answer it, you need first to provide a definition. What kind of frame
are you talking about? What is it? How is it used? What applications
work with it? What is the difference between the way things were, and
the way they are after your code was introduced.

You may know these answers, but you shouldn't go around assuming that
everyone else has that knowledge in their heads. People are all
different. We all have very different things in each of our heads. Some
of us may be very technically capable with computers and still not have
a clue of what you're talking about.

I guess I resemble that last remark of mine.

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group