More about My Exim Problems

Rejean Proulx rejean at interfree.ca
Fri Oct 17 15:48:59 EDT 2003

I have found that for some reason exim now refuses to send mail.  if I do a
sendmail xxxx at yyyy.zzz and then put < filename it says it sends it but it
doesn't go anywhere.  I tried putting the server in the DMZ and it
definitely won't send.  For that matter, it won't receive.  I now know that
Debian comes with IMAP servers, so I am in process of changing our mail
clients to use IMAP.  I have a feeling that this has something to do with
the fact that we set up a name server.  I think there might be settings in
exim that need tweaking.  If any of you can shed some light on this I'd be
grateful.  Meanwhile, back to the manuals.  It also has something to do with
freezing and thawing.  These are things I don't understand yet and don't
know how to deal with.  I think my mailman will work.  The trouble is in
exim.  In mailman, I can't use the web links but I can use the commands to
create lists and it is doing it.  Nothing will happen until I figure out
what happened to exim.  When I look at my logs, I find stuff about things
being frozen.  I need to educate myself.

 Rejean Proulx
Visit my family at http://interfree.ca
MSN is: rejp at rogers.com
Ham License VA3REJ