Talking Boot/Root W/PPP?

Toby Fisher toby at tjfisher.co.uk
Wed Oct 15 06:57:22 EDT 2003

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Luke Davis wrote:

> Does anyone have, or know where I can get, a Speakup patched boot/root
> disk set (any distribution), that will get me to a talking shell, with
> light system rescue type utils, and dialout PPP support?

Have you considered using some old Slackware floppies?

I'm sure someone will correct me, but I think 7.1 was the last version to
use 2 floppies.

You could use speakup.i and then rescue.gz.

If it doesn't have ppp, you could quite easily drop in a replacement
kernel that does have that support, and I'm sure there'd be room on
rescue.gz for ppp itself; at the worst you'd have to put it on a separate
floppy.

Cheers.