Redhat question

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Oct 11 21:31:13 EDT 2003

Three points:

1.) You can install from iso images on your hard drive. You can also
burn new CD ROMs. My point is you have options.

2.)	You can generally use the "update" option during installation
when going from one release version to another.

3.)	It's not 10.0, Get over it and stop making up numbers. Rumors
are just that--rumors, and not to be believed.

Jes and guide dog Harley writes:
> From: "Jes and guide dog Harley" <jesman598 at triad.rr.com>
>
> Hi all,
> Well, thankfully I copied Redhat 9 over on to cdrw, so I can just diss that and rewrite the cd's with redhat 10 wit the speakup
> images. But I had a question: How long, how consistantly does Redhat update to a new version? I've heard it was like every 6
> months or so? And when I get redhat setup, can I just upgrade from the command line, or do I have to go and burn the install on
> new cd's and completely trash the previous version in order to upgrade?
> Thanks for any help.
> Jes

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group