Newbie introdusing myself and some newbie questions

John covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Sat Oct 11 11:25:16 EDT 2003

You cannot or rather should not use the knoppix as your distribution,
but you should be able to play with it -- did you give it any boot
paraneters at the prompt when it comes up, if not it won't do very
much.

The way its set up now your synthesizer must be on com1 (ttyS0) and
at the prompt say knoppix 2 speakup_synth=your synth name and that
should boot the thing.

You can partition your c drive using perhaps a commercial piece of
software like partition magic, just have a good backup just in case!

Hope this helps.

on Saturday 10/11/2003 Krister Ekstrom(crisekstrom at bredband.net) wrote