Beginning preparation for an FTP and Web server

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Oct 10 19:33:57 EDT 2003

I'm not sure what you mean, "copy," Michael.

Where the server root for your web server is placed tends to be a bit
specific to your distro, e.g. /var/www for Debian and /var/www/html for
Red Hat for the files to be served, and /etc/apache for Debian Apache
configurations, and /etc/httpd/conf for Red Hat Apache configurations.

So,l that's the web server. One could say more about ftp, I suppose.
But, you haven't been very clear, imho, about what you are asking about
and what technology you're using.

Michael Ryan writes:
> From: "Michael Ryan" <MichaelRyan at gov.nl.ca>
>

> Hello List:
>
> Where is a good place to copy my www and ftp folders for best security?
> Any other tips on starting and configuring an FTP server would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks to all:
> Michael

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group