resolv.conf and networking script

Rejean Proulx rejean at interfree.ca
Fri Oct 10 00:28:49 EDT 2003

I have a clue about what is clobbering my resolv.conf.  I find that if I run
the /etc/init.d/networking restart it reconfigures my network and something
in there resets my resolv.conf to
search networkgroups
nameservers 192.168.2.1

The other clue might be that I have 2 network cards eth0 and eth1

I set them up in /etc/network/interfaces

I need to find the simple instructions I used to set this up.  I don't think
they told me to touch any other files.  Maybe if I give all of you these
clues, those with more experience than I have will think of the solution.

I looked at the networking script, but it is like Greek to me.  There is
nothing obvious in there.

 Rejean Proulx
Visit my family at http://interfree.ca
MSN is: rejp at rogers.com