Resolv.conf

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Fri Oct 10 00:46:23 EDT 2003

Hi.  Are you getting your IP from your ISP using DHCP?
If so, then your dhcp client is updating the resolv.conf file.

I use dhclient for my DHCP client. In /etc/dhclient.conf I have the line
prepend domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;

That lets my local server be the default for everything on the local
network.

          Kenny