Accent SA Problem

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Thu Oct 9 08:25:20 EDT 2003

I bought an Accent SA about a year ago or so back when several came on
the market.  Up til recently all was fine but suddenly and without
warning, I lost all communication with it.  It says "Accent ready"
when you turn the thing on but I can't get any serial communication to
work with it.  I tried it with two different cables and from two
different machines so I'm quite sure it is the Accent.  Is there any
chance the Accent SA gets some how confused and can be reset some how
or do I now have a boat anchor?

I did check the dip switches on the back and are set correctly for
9600,n,8,1 parameters.

Any ideas out there?  Thanks for the help if you can.