Raid Device

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Wed Oct 8 08:31:51 EDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 06:50:09AM -0400, Kirk Reiser wrote:
> Actually I have to do the exact same thing in the next few days.  I
> believe you just run resize2fs on the raid device /dev/md0 or
> whatever.  If not, I'm gonna be in trouble as well.

Yes, you will, since you need to run mkraid with some switches to add
the extra space to the device before you can run resize2fs.

Like I said, (and Kirk, you might remember this), I had this same
issue when setting up linear raid a while back. I ended up posting the
steps for how to go about this in the archives, thanks to the author
of the linux raid howto.

Greg