My Clock Is Confused

gena-j at ntlworld.com gena-j at ntlworld.com
Mon Oct 6 16:56:48 EDT 2003

Hi

OK, here's some intersting info, obviously more so for Debian users:

Package: ntp
Section: net
Installed-Size: 344
Maintainer: Bdale Garbee <bdale at gag.com>
Architecture: i386
Version: 1:4.1.1b-4
Replaces: xntp,xntp3
Depends: ntp-simple | ntp-refclock, debconf, libc6 (>= 2.3.2-1), libreadline4 (>= 4.3-1)
Suggests: ntpdate,ntp-doc
Conflicts: chrony
Filename: pool/main/n/ntp/ntp_4.1.1b-4_i386.deb
Size: 135942
MD5sum: 468e62a297ccd582da507ea8ab0994c0
 The Network Time Protocol allows for the synchronization of clocks on
 networked computers.  The ntpd daemon implements NTP, allowing Unix
 systems to participate in this synchronization.
 .
 To minimize resource consumption in the general case, this package no longer
 includes the actual daemon.  You will need either ntp-simple or ntp-refclock,
 depending on whether you want the drivers for radio clocks included in the
 refclock version of the daemon.
 .
 NTP was designed with attention to details which might introduce
 systematic bias into the computations, and the protocol is capable of
 synchronizing with even the most precise external time sources.
 .
 For more information on how NTP works, and how to configure a campus of
 ntpd daemons, load the optional Debian package 'ntp-doc'.

Gena