My Clock Is Confused

Rejean Proulx rejean at interfree.ca
Sun Oct 5 21:14:59 EDT 2003

I noticed today that somehow my clock is set to UTC which in itself is ok.
The trouble is, my machine is on EDT which has a -4 hour offset, except that
my clock is reporting EDT as UTC. In other words, it is 4 hours ahead of
what it should be.  I wasn't worried about it until Luke send me a TAR file.
When I did the tar command it complained loudly that the file was created in
the future.  It worked, but I really need to fix this.  How to I tell the
silly machine that it needs to have an offset of -4.

 Rejean Proulx
Visit my family at http://interfree.ca
MSN is: rejp at rogers.com
Ham License VA3REJ