gnome debian testing

Patrick Turnage patrickt at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Oct 5 17:26:53 EDT 2003

Hello.
I would love to get gnome 2.4 up and running on Debian testing.
Where are some good places to start? What exactly will I need installed
first? I installed the xbase packages under debian, but, need to get gnome
up and running.
Are there any unofficial debian packages for gnome 2.4? I know slack has it
included in 9.1, has anybody tried making an alien debian package? I tried
looking at the gnome.org site but they have so many different files and
libraries there it is hard to know what exactly I need.
Sincerely,
Patrick

-----
Patrick Turnage
PAC Mate Gear CoWebmaster
E-mail:
patrick at pacmategear.com
patrickt at tampabay.rr.com
Web Site
http://www.pacmategear.com
For All Things PAC Mate
Home Page
http://www.access-connect.com
Connecting the World to Access Technology Information
AOL Instant Messenger: kg4dqk
MSN Messenger: turnagep at hotmail.com