CD Bible

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Oct 4 18:45:53 EDT 2003

Hi, Chuck:

Just to be clear, dict is also available as a network connected client
service in a command you type at the shell prompt. It's extensible in
terms of which dictionary resources are accessed. And, it's possible to
run a dict server and create a new dictionary--something I've
recommended in certain instances to certain folks.

Chuck Hallenbeck writes:
> From: Chuck Hallenbeck <chuckh at sent.com>
>

> I am a Slacker too. I created an alias called "dict" which takes
> me to the www.dict.org website, which is a nice accessible
> resource.
>
> Chuck
>
> PS: Like this:
>
> alias dict='lynx http://www.dict.org'
>
> On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Cheryl Homiak wrote:
>
> > I didn't have dict  automatically on debian either. I had to use apt-get
> > get it. So it's probably available in the slackware packages.
> >

> --
> The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (59% of Full)
>  Get my public key from website, http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Working Group
Free Standards Group