Samba Problem

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Sat Oct 4 15:46:58 EDT 2003

This was a new install, on a new system--never used it on anything below
2.4.22 on this configuration.
Of course, I have used it on other systems, on 2.4.20, with no problem.

I believe the smbmount command line was something like this:

smbmount '//system/share' ./test -o username=a_user

Also tried adding:

,charset=iso8859-1

and:

,codepage=cp850

(I could be wrong about that number--it is what ever the man page
suggests).

Luke

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003, Keith Watson wrote:

> Luke,
>
> Did it work before you went to 2.4.22?
>
> I have never seen that error and I use smbmount like everyday. I
> will have to check on monday about what kernel version the beta
> of fadora is using, but I do know that it is using samba 3.0 and
> smbmount works fine.
>
> Send your smbmount line so's I can take a look see.
>
> Keith
>
> On 09:42 PM, Luke Davis wrote:
> > Getting an error when an smbmount is attempted.  Has anyone seen this, and
> > what should one do about it?
> >
> > smbfs: failed to load NLS 'n'
> >
> > Therefore, smbmount does not work.  How does one get around this problem?
> >
> > Using kernel 2.4.22.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Luke

Want a free month of internet access on a great ISP?  Go here:
http://www.tacticus.com/net/