Cdrecord won't work

Darragh lists at digitaldarragh.com
Fri Oct 3 19:01:42 EDT 2003

Hello.
Now I know this is probably a really stupid question but I'm going to
ask any way.

Is cdrecord only for SCSI devices?  Everything there seems to point to
scsi.

I'm having a problem.  It keeps telling me that it cant open the scsi
drive.  Then it tells me to run the cdrecord -scanbus program but that's
the program that I've run in the first place.  The output from the
program is below.

Cdrecord 1.10 1686-pc-linux-gnu Copyright C 1995-2001 Jrg Schilling
cdrecord: No such file or directory, Cannot open scsi drive, cdrecord:
for possible targets try cdrecord -scanbus, make sure you are root

Any help appreciated

Darragh