anyone familiar with xwatv?

Scott Howell showell at lrxms.net
Fri Oct 3 11:01:18 EDT 2003

Folks,

Trying to get back to a project from sometime back. I have been mucking
about with trying to get xwatv working on this box. Well I have an ATI
all-in-wonder card so why not.
In any case I tried running fbtv, but it seems to launch a program
called v4l-conf which gives me the following error.

v4l-conf: using framebuffer device /dev/fb0
mode: 640x480, depth=8, bpp=8, bpl=640, base=0xd4000000
can't open /dev/video0: No such device

The interesting part is that in fact /dev/video0 does exist and the
permissions are,

crw-rw----    1 root     video     81,   0 Feb  6  2003 /dev/video0
which seems to be fine. So anyone have any thoughts? I'd sure appreciate
it. I like to catch some news programs from time to time so thought it
would be nice to set this up here instead of having a dedicated tv or
something useless like that.

tnx
Scott