Heaven forbid! I have to vent!

Jes and guide dog Harley jesman598 at triad.rr.com
Sun Nov 30 19:00:03 EST 2003

Hi all.
Subject says everything. Someone whom I know personally has been on this list before, and he got Slackware Linux installed not two
days ago. But guess what? Darn it, he took Linux off again for about the third time I've seen him do it, and he's reinstalling
from scratch based on some recommendations, or, dictations from someone whom seems to me to be giving him a bunch of crap and
telling him what he can and can't load on his heaven forsaken system and telling him what he should and shouldn't enable and
disable. I respect the fact that this newbie is trying to get some help, and I respect that the other Linux user is giving him his
recommendations but, who's decision is it anyway? Further more, I ask, why would anybody let someone else tell them what he
should, or shouldn't load on to his system? I asked him this same question, and he said oh, this guy's not telling me what I can
and can't do with it, he's helping me install it the way he himself would have done it...Ok, so I'm like, buddy, this is your! y!
o! u! r! system! not his! Install it the way you want the blasted thing installed and leave anyone else but yourself out of the
picture! Let the software packages and everything be your decision! It ticks me off to see him doing this when common sense should
tell him otherwise. Oh well, Some people just aren't made for Linux I guess. IF you have any thoughts or whatever feel free to
write me privately at jesman598 at triad.rr.com
I just had to get this off my chest. Thanks. Jes.