Some Mutt related questions

Darragh lists at digitaldarragh.com
Sat Nov 29 12:13:34 EST 2003

Hello,
I have to say Mutt is a really cool program.  I love it.  I'm using
fetchmail for getting the mail and sendmail for sending it.  I'm getting a
server missmatch when using fetchmail but I'll sort that out in a while.
Everything is working the way its suppose to so its not really causing any
problems.

I've decided to use vim for composing mail.  Its not my favorite editor but
its the only one that I could find a maximumwidth function.  I'd prefear to
use emacs so if any one knows of a way of setting the maximum line length in
emacs I'd be very interested in hearing about it.

I notice that when deleting one letter at a time speakup doesn't speak it.
Is there a way of fixing this?
This only happens in mutt.

I'm also having a problem when writing to lists.  The message that I get is
at the bottom.  Does any one know what's causing it.

Is there a way of ignoring all the headers when reading mail?  If this is
not possible could I get a list of them all so I can put them into the
.muttrc file?

How do I put a signiture into all messages?

How can I select an entire line, paragraph or document?

How can I delete by word?  Example control back space or delete in Windows?

How can I activate a link in a message?

How do I set up a kind of address book for keeping track of addresses in
mutt?

How do I get fetchmail to check for message every few minutes?

Can I have all the headers on one screen while keeping the message on the
second one?  Example I press enter on a message, the first screen is after
that.  I hit space and the message associated with them headers is
displayed?  This would probably leave a few blank lines between the header
and the bottom of the screen.

I know that's a lot of questions.  I'm very sorry.

DarraghSubject: [MAILER-DAEMON at digitaldarragh.com: Returned mail: see
transcript
for details]

<

darragh at localhost.localdomain>

ilug at linux.ie>

>     (reason: 550 5.7.1 <
ilug at linux.ie>...
we do not relay
<
lists at digitaldarragh.com>)

ilug at linux.ie>

> <<< 550 5.7.1 <
ilug at linux.ie>...
we do not relay
<
lists at digitaldarragh.com>

> 550 5.1.1 <
ilug at linux.ie>...
User unknown

ilug at linux.ie

Action: failed
> Remote-MTA: DNS; mail.digitaldarragh.com
> Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 5.7.1 <
ilug at linux.ie>...
we do not relay
<

ilug at linux.ie

Subject: Could someone have a look at this message?

> ,Hello all, Could any of you have a look at this message and tell me if
everything looks ok?  I've finished the .muttrc sendmail.cf and .muttrc
files and everything seems to be working reasonably well but I'd like to
make sure its legable for sighted users.