have a few questions

Geoff Shang gshang at pacific.net.au
Thu Nov 27 00:28:43 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Scott Berry wrote:

> Secondly, I want to get rid of the reply to and a few other headers in
> Pine while reading mail I just want to leave the to ffield, from field,
> and the subject.

In pine, go to Main Menu > Setup > Configuration, and search for
"view-hdrs".  Hit question mark to read the help on how to use it.

> Third and lastly I am having trouble reading with Lynx and I am not sure
> what is up with this but I can't figure out how to turn the numbers on for
> links I would surely appreciate some help.  Thanks much.

Probably the easiest way to do this is to start lynx as follows:

lynx -show_cursor -number_fields

This will allow you to more easily use the thing.  Then hit "o" for
options, then move down to item 4 which should be the save checkbox and
check it.  Move on down further and change the keypad mode to "links and
form fields are numbered", and also make sure that "show cursor" is on.
Then click the "accept changes" button either at the top or bottom of the
form.

Hope this helps,
Geoff.