where is debian's version of /etc/rc.d/rc.local

Geoff Shang gshang at pacific.net.au
Thu Nov 27 00:18:55 EST 2003

Hi:

The convention for Debian is to put an entry in /etc/init.d and then put a
link in the appropriate rc directory.  So for speakup, I have
/etc/init.d/speakup.sh, and a link to it from /etc/rcS.d/S11speakup.sh.  I
have it here because it needs to be after S10checkroot.sh which mounts the
proc filesystem among other things.  I guess it could be S10speakup.sh as s
comes after c, but I felt making it 11 would make it clearer and also avoid
potential future problems.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang at uq.net.au>
ICQ number 43634701

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html