installing linux on second HD

Guy Schlosser guyster at buckeye-express.com
Mon Nov 24 08:37:35 EST 2003

Hey fellow listers, how's it going?  I've got a few questions about
installing Linux on a second hard drive.
1.  I would like to install Debbian.  Should I go for the 3.0 release or is
there a newer release out there?
2. When I get to the point where I'm gonna install lilo, do I want to
install it on the MBR of the master HD?  To me this would make complete
sense.  Other wise, how does the system know to look to the second HD, not
the first where my windows 2000 installation is?
Last but not least 3.  What is the line I want to add to lilo.conf that
will give me my Windows 2000 as a choice on the initial boot-up menu?  Any
answers to these would be greatly appreciated, as I plan on doin' the
install over the weekend and comin' back into the world of Linux.

Thanks,

Guy